news & events
New Year, SMARTer Goals
January 9, 2023
Setting goals is an important step for any entrepreneur, and as we enter 2023, now is a great time to start thinking about your goals for the year ahead. By setting specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and time-bound (SMART) goals, you can give yourself a road map to follow and a clear sense of what you want to achieve.
Here are a few tips for setting SMART goals in 2023:
- Start with a clear understanding of your business plan. Before you start setting more specific goals, it’s important to have a clear understanding of your overall business strategy and objectives. This can help you to ensure that your goals are aligned with your long-term vision and mission.
- Make your goals specific and measurable. Instead of setting a general goal like “increase sales,” set a specific goal like “increase sales by 10% over the next six months.” This gives you a clear target to work towards and makes it easier to track your progress.
- Make your goals achievable and realistic. While it’s important to be ambitious, you must consider your current situation, including your resources or any limitations, and set goals that you can realistically achieve from where you are.
- Make your goals relevant to your business. Your goals should be relevant to your overall business objectives and should help you to move closer to your long-term vision. Avoid setting goals that are unrelated to your business or that don’t align with your overall strategy.
- Set deadlines for your goals. Giving yourself a deadline can help increase your sense of urgency and motivate you to take action. Make sure to set realistic deadlines for your goals and get into the habit of breaking larger goals into smaller, more manageable tasks to boost your productivity.
Overall, setting SMART goals is key for any entrepreneur to be more productive and successful in the long term. By setting specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and time-bound goals, you can gain a clearer vision of what you want to achieve in the New Year.
If you need help identifying your SMART goals, Beaver Valley LaunchBox is here for you as a resource! Contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to set up a meeting.